Welcome! I'm so glad you're here.
- forming a different response from the habitual reaction you practice when you feel overwhelmed and/or shut-down
- growing a relationship with your bodily signals and responses (e.g. anxiety)
- forming a kinder relationship with yourself
- learning to form and maintain different types of boundaries
- interrupting a pattern of conflict between you and your partner(s)
- support with navigating a major transition and/or building a solid ground for the next phase of your relationship...
.... just to name a few.
Much of what we practice in our lives - our thoughts, feelings and behaviors - have an origin in the body. Often, we need support with recognizing when, how and why we are doing this, before we can consciously and intentionally engage this in ourselves.
I offer telehealth sessions to individuals and couples throughout the state of California as well as in-person sessions from my office in North Berkeley.
Courtenay Houk, MA, AMFT is a Registered Associate Marriage and Family Therapist, #122207 at the Center for Mindful Psychotherapy in San Francisco, California. She holds a Master's degree in Counseling Psychology with an emphasis in Somatic Psychotherapy from California Institute of Integral Studies, and is currently pursuing doctoral work in Integral, Transpersonal and Somatic Psychology.