Welcome! I'm so glad you're here.
- forming a different response from the habitual reaction you practice when you feel overwhelmed and/or shut-down
- growing a relationship with your bodily signals and responses (e.g. anxiety)
- forming a kinder relationship with yourself
- learning to form and maintain different types of boundaries
- interrupting a pattern of conflict between you and your partner(s)
- support with navigating a major transition and/or building a solid ground for the next phase of your relationship...
.... just to name a few.
Much of what we practice in our lives - our thoughts, feelings and behaviors - have an origin in the body. Often, we need support with recognizing when, how and why we are doing this, before we can consciously and intentionally engage this in ourselves.
Courtenay Houk, MA, AMFT is a Registered Associate Marriage and Family Therapist, #122207 at the Center for Mindful Psychotherapy in San Francisco, California. She currently offers telehealth exclusively due to the pandemic and will offer future in-person sessions from her office in North Berkeley, California.
Courtenay holds a Master's degree in Counseling Psychology with an emphasis in Somatic Psychotherapy from California Institute of Integral Studies, and is currently pursuing doctoral work in Integral, Transpersonal and Somatic Psychology.